PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Loan for full amount of integrated ATPL training with BBVA
Old 16th Nov 2016, 09:20
Rottweiler22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you speak to the right (or wrong) people, that's why they say the likes of CAE and CTC have shorter times to get jobs. A few people have said that the airlines can vouch that the training at these institutions is second-to-none, and graduates are trained-up to the high standard that the airlines want. This was probably pro-integrated propaganda, but it seems a general consensus that premium school graduates TEND to get a job quicker than other training schools and modulars. I know this is delving into the realms of integrated versus modular, but I suppose it's relevant in some way.

These "shortages" could all be myths, a big one in the U.K at the moment is the lorry driver shortage, where the authorities claim that there is a shortage of 60,000 lorry drivers. Yet, working conditions are still poor, hours are still ridiculously long, and pay is still low. Firms admit they get around it by employing cheap Eastern European drivers, so there effectively is no shortage. At the end of the day, if there were a genuine shortage, employers would be waiting at the gates of flight schools and airfields, trying to get who they can. From what I see on websites, there is a shortage of captains, but that's another story.