PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas QCCA - Wannabes & Recruitment II
View Single Post
Old 16th Nov 2016, 01:03
Mn64

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cca320
Hi all!

So I had a voicemail left on my phone Monday afternoon from Qantas Recruitment asking me to call back. By the time I finished work it was too late, so I called Tuesday morning.

I've just been successful for Melbourne base starting 24th November! No idea what aircraft/s, or if training will be here in Melbourne or interstate. I cannot believe it's finally happened, almost a year to the day since I applied. I don't think it's quite hit yet. But I think it's about to. I'm just about to go and hand my resignation in with 6 days notice, for my new job where I've been for only 3 weeks :o! But that's life for you!

When I was moved to 'hired' in the system, 2 emails were automatically generated that my 'application had been withdrawn'. I've been reassured this is an IT error. I'm certainly not going to withdraw it after all of this!

For all of those still on hold, or going through the processes, hang in there, I know it's hard. I used to fly for another airline, and if you haven't flown before, you will find it is such an amazing career. It's a fantastic industry, and once you get used to it, you'll never want to leave!
Congratulations, so glad to hear that it has been worth the wait! The next few months will be quite a whirlwind!
May I ask, you mentioned about the 'system', what do you mean by this? How can we access the application status?