PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Alpha Aviation Academy
View Single Post
Old 15th Nov 2016, 14:55
Officer Kite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Personally, i dont think Air Arabia is a career airline, unless you are captain, even then, the ME3 have far better pay/location. I think Arabia should be ashamed to offer such an expensive program, only to have the graduates live off second officer salary, not guarantee them a job (only a320 hours at first)...yes by the report most go on to line flying, but the circumstances are just too risky. Pretty sure most SO's go on to FO, gain enough to apply to ME3, and leave.

Same situation with FZ's SO program, low hour pilot, 35k usd for 737 type rating, only for an interview (if you pass the checkride!) !!!

Hopefully we see some oversight from the governing bodies as to SOME security for the candidates, like CTC has...sort of...
The thing that baffles me and will always baffle me about this programme is how they expect anyone to live off of such extremely low salaries in one of the world's most expensive cities. Surely many people have to take out extra loans, £130,000 without even living costs during the course, it is absolutely ridiculous, whether they give back 110,000 aed of the deposit back or not, it is still cash you must find in the first place. I say more fool the ones applying,