PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK/QR/EY ? WY?
Thread: EK/QR/EY ? WY?
View Single Post
Old 15th Nov 2016, 12:42
EY_Airbus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bringbackthe80s
Stability, safe place to live, career progression on any aircraft you want, good work life balance when on the right fleet, free housing, free schooling, business class tickets around the world, 8 months of nice weather, good salary.

Could this be a start?
Sadly, the only point I agree with you on this is the 'safe' bit - yes street crime is almost non prevalent, but don't get too complacent. In Abu Dhabi an American lady was murdered in the toilets of an upscale mall. I also believed an Emirates pilot was attacked viciously in his own home with a knife by an Emirati. Career progression on any aircraft you like? Good luck with that! Free housing and free schooling? No such thing as a free lunch my friend. Don't you mean 8 months of bad weather? Business class tickets around the world? Your once only annual ticket is confirmed economy only. Prices of confirmed business have increased greatly, and again are subject to availability - meaning during school holidays you can forget it. Standby all the way bro, and then you will be damn lucky to get an economy seat during peak period.