PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Liberal Party wins, Bombardier wins
View Single Post
Old 14th Nov 2016, 20:04
Willie Everlearn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Peekay4
Thanks.
I've looked around the same Leeham charts for data. 500 nm seemed reasonable. Anything over a 1000 nm sector, the others would likely be too embarrassed to publish figures. Maybe that's why I can't find them?

As I've previously stated, data on NEO and Max is sparse, so I couldn't include them. Certainly fuel isn't the only factor in an aircrafts' operating costs. Can you show me a chart that doesn't show C series number one or ahead of the aircraft you're using to illustrate your point?

Grizzzz
Out with the old and in with the new. I hope.

I agree with many of your comments about Bombardier, except to add this. Their new management seem to have lots of aerospace expertise and experience. So far, they've done what's been needed, tough as its been and hopefully they'll soon get a few bucks from the sale of Learjet (and possibly other divisions) to help further stabilize things. The board still has many of the former members (unfortunately) but my sense is that a couple of more positive quarters and management can tell JT to FO with his money and political pork barrel.

Whether we like it or not, Aerospace is a protected industry (and Brazil, among others, know that). A jewel in any governments' crown. Our governments (Feds and Provincial) are no different. Whether or not we like it, whether or not we agree, money will pour in when needed. I don't believe Bombardier went seeking any government handout. I am aware they went seeking investors with excellent products and a sound business plan, just like any other risk taking enterprise.

Mostly Harmless
I'm not convinced about global warming. I fully support the oil sands and our need to continue to be self sufficient in oil. David Suzuki should stick to his insects.
Much of the environmental hoopla is nothing more than scare mongering IMHO.

Bombardier goes beyond Canada. It's an international company with divisions in other countries and not all of the work that is done is aerospace. As such, employment requirements vary from site to site and country to country. It's hard to see the majority of layoffs in Canada, I agree. But like the energy industry, the auto industry and others, it ain't that simple. Neither is there a one solution for all problems.

Willie

Last edited by Willie Everlearn; 14th Nov 2016 at 20:25.