PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Liberal Party wins, Bombardier wins
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2016, 17:26
Willie Everlearn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good one.
"Quebec based business gets the $, the rest just get the bill, Liberals."

You don't seem to be very aware of just how interdependent the entire aerospace industry is in this country....
No one squawked when millions were given to the auto industry yet every time the word 'Quebec' is uttered, it MUST be disastrous for the rest of Canada. Really?

In Canada, there are hundreds of companies, big and small who either work with or do work for, Bombardier. It's not just Quebec. (where did you get that idea?)

Ontario's Flying Colours. Alberta's Avionco. Nova Scotia's IMP, for example all do work for Bombardier in varying capacities. They all employ Canadian taxpayers. Any 'investment' (keyword) in Bombardier, public or private, will have an impact on Canadian aerospace and (by default) Canadian aerospace taxpayers who are all very much interested and aware of just how fragile things are, not just for Bombardier.

My neighbour's (small aerospace) company does work for Bombardier. They do interiors for corporate aeroplanes, not all of them Bombardier products. He had to layoff 7 employees last week and if the engine problem with Pratt doesn't get resolved soon, he says his company will have to shut down. While Pratt expects to resolve the GTF delivery delays by 2020, it seems to me that that could be too late for many of our Canadian aerospace companies.

The winners aren't exclusively in Quebec because the impact on the Canadian aerospace industry is enormous.

Galaxy
... or, I could work for a fairly popular simulator manufacturer with access to a variety of aircraft models. Maybe I'm retired? I might also be a hack. But yes, I am biased based on my experience with, exposure to, and knowledge of a number of aircraft models, which allows me to formulate my opinion. But, relax, it's only an opinion.

Willie

Last edited by Willie Everlearn; 13th Nov 2016 at 17:48.