PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The perpetual 'Am I too old?' thread
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2016, 16:02
Ax82

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi everybody.
I also would like to share my current situation with all of you.
Actually, airplanes and blue skies are my big passion ever, and I really would like to become a professional pilot, but due to several issues up to now I could not fulfill my dream. I took different path from my young age : I got my master degree in business and during my working experience I have changed some kind of jobs. Now I'm working in the sales and marketing field for a multinational company, but I feel some " empty"in myself and I really would like to think a change in my life.
I'm not married and I don't have any kids. I could have the possibility to join an integrated course and trying to get the ATPL frozen in something like 15 months.
I don't need to make any mortage for finance my training.
I got my PPL (A) a couple of years ago, but considering my age (34years old) I think that the only way to get the licenses in short time is to apply in an integrated course and dedicate 100% of my time to this. Frankly for me it is not reasonable thinking to proceed with a modular route while I'm continuing working. My job absorb a tremendous quantity of time and a energy and personally I' m really not able to successfully conduct Both!
i don't want to be boring for anybody, but the question is always the same... do you think that if I take this decision, at the age of 36 when I get the licenses, is still possible to get a job or it is just a dream?
Honestly I'm open to move and to be relocated all over the world..that' s is not a problem. What I'm warried is to spend 70k€ without get any kind of possibility to work.
Another question, someone of you know the AFTA in cork or the GAIR in Portugal? Do you have any feedback on these?