PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CPI RPI and the Pension
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2016, 13:00
ShortFatOne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AFPS calculator error

On a slightly different but related topic, I am disappointed to see that the calculator is still in error for certain groups despite having written to point out said error. The error appears to be in the application of the max level to which PA Flt Lt pilots can go and the subsequent forecast. As one who moved onto the PA scheme in 2005 we were not limited to lvl 30? (that only applied to Flt Lt pilots moving onto PAS after 2010). When inputting the data for a forecast it asks what lvl I was on 1st April 15 and then again on 1st Apr 16. I cannot select the lvl I was on as it will not offer me the option of anything higher than lvl 30. I know this probably means my forecast is a little shy of the actual amount I'm likely to receive but the fact remains the calculator is wrong (it would be fairly easy fix as it knows when you moved onto PAS - it's one of the first things it asks you!) and it does not fill me with confidence if the 'system' can't get sometjing as straightforward as MS Access look-up table correct :-(