PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Anyone with Acid Re flux / GORD?
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2016, 11:09
Loose rivets
Psychophysiological entity

Location: Tweet Rob_Benham Famous author. Well, slightly famous.
Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts
I became a gannet at about 30 years of age. For gannet, read pig. I have no idea how I could consume the food I did. I started to pay the price.

One day in Texas, a friend of family gave me a Tagamet. (Cimetidine) it changed my life - but allowed me to not be afraid of going to bed after a late dinner. I cringe now at my behaviour.

Recently, I've given up wine and lost 40lbs - but it's a bit late! I wish I'd done it years ago, but maybe next life.

Diet is important but not going to bed with too much (or perhaps too little) food is vital. It takes a long time to train one's systems to calm down at night. For much of my life, without 'Tags' I'd start eating myself at 05:00.

Once you've got that sore patch in there, it's difficult to heal and could well lead to much more serious issues.

I've got to take my own advice now. It seems Cimetidine is being pulled off the chemist's shelves. To this day I'm not confident I can really be free of the morning burn.

I'm aware of the PPI type drugs but just found the Tags acted exactly when I needed them.

P.S. Anyone taking stuff like Ibuprofen needs to be aware not to take it and lie down. I was astonished to find a neighbour did that every night for years and was surprised to find he'd caused some serious problems.