PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What should I understand from "clear for straight in app"?
Old 12th Nov 2016, 00:28
ALBATROS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you everybody for all the contributions. Now I’ve downloaded the VOL 2 of 8168 and I have the check it carefully. Like Oggers said my first question was solved at the beginning but I think it’s confusing to have two different meaning for the same expression “straight-in app”.

Anyway,

Originally Posted by Goldenrivett
In the case of LGSR VOR DME I would land "straight ahead" RWY 34 (Straight-in-Landing is not prohibited).

Like Peekay4 said the track intercepts the runway after the threshold so you have to move the aircraft visually to align with the runway, that it's why it's circle-to-land and not straight in app (because doesn't meet the requirements). Like VOR's in Nice are circle-to-land (according to my FMS and my charts) and you have to follow the VPT (prescribed track to align with the runway) or like Mostar (LQMO - VOR 34). There is any definition for "straight-in landing"?.

And if you compare the charts for LGSR and LGTS with the VOR in LQMO, the Greeks don't said that the app is for a specific runway and the VOR in Mostar say that it's for runway 34, why this?