PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "Operation No-Control"
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2003, 11:32
HGW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
P1

How do you know how VB operates unless you are on the inside.
Ansett were in trouble before VB came along. If it wasn't Virgin to benefit it would have been Impulse.

VB is well capitilised, do have the youngest fleet and have attracted competent staff. I am from an airline background as are many staff within VB. They purposely hired the minimum number of experienced people so as not to bring in the old culture such as you are proffessing to.

The only time VB was under capitilised was when there was four airlines and no one knew who would last the distance. Ansett was always going to be there and always figured in future plans.

The aviation world has changed and for many reasons. What you say is for all the wrong or bad reasons. I don't agree. It is a natural cycle. We ask for more and more money eventually pricing ourselves off the market, or allow start ups such as VB, Southwest, etc, to prosper.

You contradict yourself in your replies and it is very obvious that you have a dislike for VB and not the model (your words). What ever you say does not matter as VB is successful and keeps on growing. There is a place in Oz for budget and full service. This is better than what we had before. Now we have true, identifiable choice. The only things that are the same are the rules we play by. Regulations are not written for a VB - budget and a different set for QF - full service.

Please do not comment on safety standards of any airline without proof. You do not have access to anything to do with VB whereas I do. I take your comments as a personal attack on my integrity and competency to administer the rules laid down by the governing bodies. I can assure you VB are audited regularly by CASA, DOTARS and external companies with satff made up of ex AN people. If anything is wrong it is fixed as is in QF.

In my experince not much is done different to what Ansett did as they were a vibrant, innovative airline that was destroyed by bad management and union power. VB is how Ansett used to be a long time ago. The under dog. Do you remember those days?. I do and they are back again and it is exciting to be a part of it.

Ansett will be back or is it already.