PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spam emails.
Thread: Spam emails.
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2016, 16:55
Democritus

Received 17 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by yellowtriumph
....... I don't quite see the time/nuisance saving although I like the idea that I can bounce emails back to the originator as being an invalid email address.

Do you know if this works with Apples Mail program?
Hope this helps explain things better - from the Mailwasher FAQs on their website:

MailWasher Pro works directly with your email server, exactly like your email program does. But there is one important difference: you can tell MailWasher to delete a message at the server, without downloading it.

MailWasher retrieves information about all your email on the server. With that information (some of which is also processed by MailWasher), you can decide what to do with each individual email - download or delete.

If you check your accounts with MailWasher first, you can delete the email you do not want. Then, when you use your email program, it downloads only the remaining email, those that you want to read.

MailWasher can be thought of as a "first line of defense" which weeds out junk, large wasteful attachments and potentially harmful viruses.

Personally I don't bounce any emails as it achieves nothing. I don't know anything about Apple Mail but there are Mailwasher Mobile programs for IOS, Android and Windows phones. Nothing for Mac as far as I can see.

Mailwasher have an extensive FAQ section on their website which is worth looking at.