PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Travelling With A Wheelchair
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2016, 16:41
edi_local

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have the package deal holiday agents specifically said you can't take one? That seems oddly discriminatory. I imagine they would be forced by law (especially in the USA or EU) to be in a position to provide service to anyone who requires assistance. I find it hard to beleive a mobility scooter, which fits into most aircraft holds, would not fit into the large space found under most coaches. If the travel agency cannot provide a space on their coach (which you're paying for as part of the package deal) then they should find an alternative for you, surely? That would mean them covering the cost of an adapted vehicle to get you to/from the hotel. Excursions while in the resort, fair enough, you could see why they may not be able to accommodate such a device as they may use smaller coaches or busses, but to/from the airport I would expect them to be able to transport everyone and anyone within reason, which a mobility scooter absolutely is. People travel by air with those every single day.