PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Instructing PPL theory subjects
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2016, 11:47
Reverserbucket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Worth noting that at some clubs, the FI's are able to boost their meagre income during the winter by providing ground instruction through evening lectures covering the PPL syllabus. I used to make about a tenner an hour which was very welcome if I hadn't managed to get airborne all day. Great way to develop and enhance your teaching skills, get to know members you may not see regularly and build confidence in a 'mass briefing' environment, as well as good to keep you on top of your theoretical knowledge while adding a lot of value (providing it's of a good standard) to yours and the club's reputation. Always thought the charging for G/S in the US to be sensible from a revenue perspective but largely a waste of money as very few of the many CFI's (or CGI's for that matter) I met seemed competent either in knowledge or teaching ability. Not all but most.

Does the 'GR' Examiner qualification still exist then BEagle? I used to be one but thought it expired when I moved on from the club I was teaching at. Might be worth trying to recover it.

Last edited by Reverserbucket; 10th Nov 2016 at 11:57.