PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet - 4
Thread: EasyJet - 4
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2016, 09:34
HeartyMeatballs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They need to work on easyJet Holidays. It's very half hearted. It could be a successful part of the group like Jet2Holidays are to Dart Group.

I'd have hoped inbound tourism to London and Edinburgh would have partly offset any drop in outgoing pax from the UK. Interesting times. Sweetheart Gatwick is full, the uncertainty of of EU situation following Brexit makes me wonder where they go from here in the near future.

They've gifted regional UK routes to Jet2 in the north & now STN. They can't expand Gatwick, Luton is creaking, Bristol is almost full. Ryanair assault at NCL & new base in BFS, growing bases in EDI & GLA Sharm, Turkey and Tunisia gone. Spain now full competition. Birmingham or EMA could have been an option but Jet2 have it now.

Price always wins. easyJet do have a fairly low cost base. Time to reduce prices, get people onboard, treat them well & ensure customers for life once things pick back up in years to follow.

I'd say investment in the product is needed but nothing happens in the big easy unless it is 'cost neutral' (practically a company slogan) or safety related.