PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet - 4
Thread: EasyJet - 4
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2016, 08:56
inOban

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The fact that MOL is virtually giving away seats to keep up his load factor suggests that everyone is finding the market very soft. Last month's Easyjet data showed that they were prepared to let their LF drop, by over 3%, rather than go down that road. After all a route is only viable if enough PAX are paying real fares.

The fact that some routes within mainland Europe are being cut suggests that the slowdown is not just in traffic ex UK, caused by the fall in the £ and the general economic uncertainty.

Interestingly, the affected routes from EDI (CPN, HAM,SXL,NCE, and Prague, as far as I can see) are, with the exception of NCE, not seasonal bucket and spade ones. I would have thought that much of their PAX would be booking at short notice, either on business or on a w/e break. I don't know how they can predict loadings 8 months ahead.

Of course, a significant part of their holiday business is prebooked by tour operators. It may be that they have cut back.

It must also be pointed out that far more holiday PAX are outbound from the UK than inbound. Any decrease in outbound in the present political/economic situation is unlikely to be balanced by any increase in inbound PAX.