PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spam emails.
Thread: Spam emails.
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2016, 23:57
ExSp33db1rd

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
Suddenly we are also getting swamped by Spam e-mails, mainly wanting to be my F**ckbuddy or the like. At least twice a day I report 20 or 30 to Norton, but what's the use, each address and/or domain is always different, so although Norton blocks that one, if they haven't already, but it ain't used again anyway, presumably.

My NZ ISP seems unable, or unwilling to filter them out before I download them from their server, can't see that Mailwasher will help, sure I will stop them being downloaded I guess, but I would still have to mark each one on Mailwasher anyway, so where's the time advantage over what I do now ?

Mrs. ExS opens the ISP webmail - she prefers to use the direct webmail rather than an e-mail programme like Outlook - on our PC desktop, and one by one deletes them before I open Outlook on my PC laptop, but it is time consuming and tedious, and nothing seems to stop them getting to the IPad, and we have to do it all over again.

I guess changing our address would stop it for awhile, but not for long, and the thought of how many people we would forget to advise is daunting !

Back to Snail Mail maybe, it worked for me for 70 years ?