PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2016, 23:48
deefer dog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My tuppenceworth:

Upon reflection I agree that we should not be concentrating on the minutia. Wings or no wings is not the issue, and neither is whether she overflew mating whales, giraffes or hedgehogs, or whether she busted the 500 foot rule. Arguments along those lines are merely window dressing. If we want someone to look into the shop front surely we should be concentrating on what is likely to concern our buyers (the press and the general public at large) most?

I'm more concerned with deceit, outright lies, misdirection, exaggeration and how TCT effectively stole awards that might otherwise have been granted to those who were more deserving?

There is a story here and I believe it should be told. Concentrating on the minutia though is not going to get the story out there - it only muddies the waters, hides the central allegations and makes the whole tale more difficult to tell. Instead perhaps we should stick to central elements of fact that readers will find easy to digest, prioritise and verify. What colour grow bag she wore, and what she patched onto it is something they won't give a toss about, even if we do.