PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why dont Avplan and Ozrunways share data
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2016, 22:39
Ixixly

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts
I use OzRunways on my Android Tablet and in the past week and a half since Traffic was finally added to the Android version it's helped me at least 4 times. My job requires a fair bit of time with my head in the cockpit down at VFR levels, I've had 2 occasions where traffic was given by ATC but no ID and I was able to find them and Identify them on OzRunways straight away and organise seperation and I've 2 other occasions where Traffic has been shown on Ozrunways that ATC didn't see.

I personally would love for everyone to be installing Ozrunways on their device, whether that's an iPhone, Tablet or Android Phone. We talk about ADS-B giving us greater safety but the cost of installing one being tens of thousands and the installation of OzRunways being free and only requiring a connection which using Telstra you'll be surprised at how wide the coverage can be!

Install it, stick it on your dash and leave it running plugged in to a power source and it could help you out eventually and will barely cost you a thing! Tell your friend you'll be going on a trip so they can track you as well and make sure you get there, lots of uses for it and most people have an iPhone or Android Device these days!