PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spam emails.
Thread: Spam emails.
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2016, 22:21
onetrack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you're downloading emails to your computer/s, then the Mailwasher program has the ability to "bounce" them to make it look like your email address is invalid.
Mailwasher also has the ability to mark senders as "good", "friend", or "blacklist".

However, if you aren't downloading emails and only utilising server-based sites (such as Hotmail, Gmail, etc), then Mailwasher is of no use to you.

You can report spam emails to "policing" sites such as the Federal Trade Commission (in the U.S.), Action Fraud (in the UK), ACMA (in Australia), etc, etc .. but it's rare to see any major decline in spam as a result of doing so.
Occasionally, the authorities make a "bust" and nail a spam organiser, but the "busts" are few and far between.

At present, the greatest amount of spam I am receiving is from the Trump political organisation, and the GOP. I have no interest in U.S. elections, am not American, and hate these people with a passion.

Yet, a friend in the U.S. continues to send Trump and GOP propaganda to everyone on his mailing list (including me), and it appears that the Trump organisation and the GOP are harvesting email addresses, and sending out vast amounts of propaganda to anyone they can find with an email address.

I have requested these organisations to cease emailing me, reported them to spam-controlling authorities, bounced their emails, and even returned their emails with abusive messages added.

Sadly, nothing works for these scumbags and their propaganda machines, the emails keep coming in multiples on a daily basis, exhorting me to vote Trump and regularly describing Hilary Clinton in terms such as an evil witch, who should be burnt at the stake. Personally, I'd currently like to burn Trump on a stake, for his constant stream of puerile rubbish in spam emails.