PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spam emails.
Thread: Spam emails.
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2016, 15:20
yellowtriumph

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spam emails.

Yes, that old familiar topic.

By reasons unknown to me someone, somewhere on the www has gotten hold of 4 or 5 of our email addresses and every day we get about 20 or so spam emails. Not much maybe (?) and Norton picks up the large majority of them and neatly dumps them in the spam folder. But we still go and look just in case don't we!

Is there any way to stop this? They are correctly addressed to our email addresses but each one comes from some sort of 'rubbish' originator at an unlikely email address. For example from '[email protected]' the next one might be from '[email protected]' there is no constancy to the 'from domain name' and so even if I ask Norton to 'Block the sending domain' it's pointless because each email comes from a slight random variation of previous emails.

I have tried to look at the actual IP addresses of the originator and by doing a reverse IP address lookup have found them to have come from a host provider somewhere in the USA. I have emailed the host provider and await any response if any. But, the IP address of the originator is different for each email. One might be from 162.244.11.27, the next spam email may be from '162.244.11.28'.

Some of the emails come from a completely different IP address.

Bit annoyed that I can't seem to do anything about it. Does the team have any thoughts?