PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2016, 15:00
Reverserbucket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
But she states that she was military trained and in my eyes the wings therefore imply an affiliation to the Royal Air Force when in fact there is none. I doubt the re-enactors shown in the earlier image suggest that they may in fact be aircrew or imply they are in some way qualified any more than actors in a film playing the part of a uniformed member of the armed forces or other profession.

I'm curious about the Great Britain Campaign sponsorship depicted on the aircraft, and indeed the image that was used of her waving that I used to see at LHR and that's used as the banner of her Twitter homepage. Why is there no reference I can find on the visitbritain.com site to her or anywhere else of any affiliation between her and the campaign other than on her own site? The aircraft is adorned with the Union Flag logos and, as said, until recently, there were large images of her on Visit Britain advertising at Heathrow (Tim Peake is still up I believe, although haven't seen her in a while). Why does she wear RAF wings amongst her collection of sponsorship trinkets yet no Union Flag anywhere on her flying overalls? (I see the image A T C has posted of her green ones but that's not a common one is it? Or, at least it wasn't).

Will she be showing her support for the Royal Navy and Royal Marine Charities by attending any Remembrance Day observance this Sunday in her capacity as an Honorary Lieutenant Commander in the Royal Navy Reserve I wonder, perhaps as part of her outreach programme?

I have little doubt that she is manipulated to a certain extent by her PR team in the interests of the sponsors but I have no sympathy for her. She may well be somewhat naïve but I doubt she is ignorant to what she has done and there is a real sense of arrogance about her that I find wholly distasteful. She has reminded me of someone for a long time now but I couldn't quite think who until today. Anyone familiar with the 2009 Disney film 'Up' will recall the character of Charles Muntz, the idolised explorer in the airship who turns out to be not what he seems...