PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2016, 14:38
PDR1

Received 54 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by pulse1
As soon as it suits them, they will present the posters on this thread as desperate, angry losers who are having to scrape the barrel to find anything to justify their attempts to destroy the reputation of TCT.
And I would say they would probably have a point. I think people are getting rather carried away with sanctimneous wankage here.

I had a set of those wings on my flying overalls even though I was just a lowly PPL. My girlfriend of the time gave them to me - she bought them from the giftshop at (IIRC) Hendon. Beneath these wings was a set of paratrouper wings (from a gift shop at one of the Normandy beaches), vaguely "justfied" by a few jumps as an air cadet and one charity jump. I also had an ETPS shoulder patch which someone got me from the giftshop at Boscombe. The ETPS batdge was transfered to my model flying jacket after I let my PPL lapse, and it's still there.

I'm fairly sure that they aren't absolutely identical with the "real things", but the wings she's wearing look more like the ones I had than the ones on the RAF uniforms/flying-kit I used to regularly see before the 2010 SDSR.

The RAF sell these badges as souvenirs to anyone who comes up with the requisite dosh - so I really don't think anyone can start whining when people who buy them actually start wearing them.

I really am begining to wonder if there is only a tiny grain of justified complaint here which this thread is wrapping in a king-sized container of mysoginistic twaddle. It's unprofessional, unseemly and ungentlemanly.

£0.02 supplied, YMMV,

PDR