PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Which modular school to choose ?
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2016, 08:51
Alex Whittingham

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Morning KayPam, I didn't mean to imply that technical skills are ignored in selection, only that all license holders should (almost by definition) possess them to an adequate standard. Knowledge and Flight Path Management, automatic and manual are indeed three of the competencies assessed, for an overview of competencies and behavioural indicators see pages 65 and 66 of the IATA guide.

ESMA would probably be fine for the ATPL theory, I have had no direct contact with them but they have a good reputation. I'm assuming they use Jeppesen material and teach in a combination of French and English? If you would like to PM me with your possible choices of FTOs for CPL and IR we can discuss, it is quite possible that your best choice would not be a Wings Alliance partner as we have only one French FTO, Hubair in Nimes.

Regarding Aeros, a single negative comment is not enough to discount an FTO as students often blame the FTO for their own shortcomings when they have problems. On the other hand a pattern of discontented students indicates a problem. You should base your choice on more than one or two reviews, as you say.

Last edited by Alex Whittingham; 8th Nov 2016 at 09:06.