PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2016, 08:37
SATCOS WHIPPING BOY

Received 55 Likes on 28 Posts
Canute, I do see where you are coming from on this and sackcloth and beaten is not the aim, nor should it be. However, it goes beyond a simple case of a risk taker telling tales.

We are talking about an event that involves millions of pounds in sponsorship, it draws in the Royal Family, it undermines every single person that has attempted to do similar feats, it undermines every honourary award issued and blackens the whole aviation community (Pilots/ATCOs/Engineers).

And for what? To fund some bird's flight of fancy. (I feel I can use that derogatory term as it is how she portrays herself).

There will be many on here who will take umbrage at your "who cares if she wears RAF wings" - I'll tell you who SHOULD care, and that is every single pilot who has earned the right to wear them. The point is pilots do know about this but the public do not, like it or not she is held in the same light as you.

The low-flying, airspace busts, and general disregard for authority are secondary issues but they highlight her attitude to aviation in general. They do also highlight that her versions of events are at best stretched truth-wise, at worst downright lies to avoid further investigation.
She has had two (that we know of) close calls, the third will come and she may not be so lucky.

I (we) have given her plenty of chances to come clean and regain some respect but she doesn't. She just redirects the blame onto a third party, be that a former team member, the press, aviation groups, or black ATCOs.

I accept that opinion will be divided on this and everyone is entitled to their opinion