PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK/QR/EY ? WY?
Thread: EK/QR/EY ? WY?
View Single Post
Old 7th Nov 2016, 15:19
Pequena_Inquieta

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by QRpilot
Depending if you get on to the 787 or 777 you can expect 45k-50k Riyals per month. (including all allowances and flight pay)
If you take a cheap accommodation (8-12k) and don't buy all fancy stuff, you should easily be able to save 20k a month.
Maybe Dubai is very expensive, but Doha is quite reasonable if you live a normal life.
True. Dubai is a bit more expensive, but it all depends on what kind of life you wanna live. I didn't go crazy while I was there and managed to save some money as a CC without making too much effort. I was living my life just like I would have back home.
----
I finally joined my 777 FO husband in Doha once and for all and don't plan to work anymore. We can't complain about the salary. He's just like me and has his feet on the ground, not living a fancy life just because the salary is good. We live in a nice area, do and buy whatever makes us happy and still save over 20k. It's totally manageable to save that amount with a stay-at-home wife, as long as she's not buying LVs and Louboutins all the time (a common problem, I can see). To be honest, now that I'm finally here I'm guessing we'll be saving even more, since we'll eat more at home and I'm monitoring the expenses on a spreadsheet, on which we defined a considerable limit for each item. You just have to be wise.
Lastly, he's very happy with the job.