PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 7th Nov 2016, 14:33
Piltdown Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sophi - The claim that the controller at Entebbe "doesn't know his left from his right" doesn't matter. A pilot who has properly prepared for a flight would be aware of probably the only piece of prohibited airspace on their route that day and question any usual request. And then we have the interesting question as to exactly when this instruction was given. A quick glance of the airfield chart shows that a left turn placing her in the prohibited area, as she said, could only be performed from an approach to Runway 12 or 17. So given that, what height was she and how many miles off the threshold was she? Furthermore, breaking off an approach and orbiting would be silly because there is a high probability that you will be collected by the thing you are orbiting to avoid, unless of course you are landing on another runway. So that probably means, she didn't orbit but instead wandered aimlessly through Prohibited Airspace over the State Building and the special forces barracks. How to make friends and influence people! As ever, very little of what TC-T says actually stacks up with reality.

And while I'm sticking the boot in again, I might as well carry on. TC-T has let it be known time and time again that she has been taught to fly by military instructors. Well so have I. And they have a certain consistently about them and that is in planning. Rarely do these guys get in the air and make things up as they go along. They plan beforehand and maybe even kick the arse of it. Whilst planning might not be her forte, you would have thought that at least some of what she has been taught would have stuck. Or was she just referring to the post debriefing libations?

PM