PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Future Carrier (Including Costs)
View Single Post
Old 7th Nov 2016, 09:51
Royalistflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ImageGear said: "I am coming to the firm opinion that an ever larger percentage of politicians, business leaders and civil servants are determined to move this great country of ours towards a non-aligned or neutral state."
My question would be: what's wrong with non-aligned? Has alignment with America these last twenty years done anything for our interests? What interest did the people of Britain have in who ruled Serbia, Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya or Syria? American/global oil companies had a great interest in three of those countries - but that's all - since these global corporations control so many American, British, EU politicians, and since stupid do-gooders like David Owen and others were in their pay, then we were dragged into all these wars with our taxpayers footing the bill for these companies interests. I think breaking the ties with America and NATO would be in our best interests. We then defend ourselves and our only ties are to the Old Commonwealth. We sign as many trade deals as we can and we pay for the level of defence of these islands that we deem in our interests. In my view than means we have a strong Navy and Air Force and an army oriented to defending Britain - not interfering in other people's countries - however with emphasis on SAS and RMC particularly.