PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why dont Avplan and Ozrunways share data
View Single Post
Old 7th Nov 2016, 05:24
vfive

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why dont Avplan and Ozrunways share data

Had a search around here but haven't been able to find anything relating to the data feed sharing between Avplan and Ozrunways (which is currently disabled) other than a few posts from people saying it was a good idea.

When Avplan and Ozrunways first started showing traffic there was a shared feed and all traffic from both could be seen. This quickly vanished and I was told it was disabled when I enquired.

This was a brilliant safety tool and I understand there's politics involved in sharing the data between two competitors but surely this is one case where common sense should prevail over profit.

Obviously, it's technically possible and was in place for a short time. But then quickly disabled.

Currently pilots are having to flick between OzR/Avplan and PlaneFinder or others to try see their friends who may be using the other app and even then - that only works if the other planes have ADS-B which most don't.

@Ozrunways and @Avplan people - is this something likely to ever re-appear in your apps? Can you play nice and share the data to improve GA safety even further than you already have?