PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Where's Ivan?
Thread: Where's Ivan?
View Single Post
Old 7th Nov 2016, 01:40
Avius

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Visionary,

you are spot on IMHO. I've had the same thoughts for a while now. JS was initially the one stating, that the high levels of experience (read expensive) in the cockpit are not necessary. RH was the one translating this thought into action by starting the "no experience" (read cheap) ab-initio program (without housing allowance and other expat perks).

Misteriously, little by little the passenger service items started to dissapppear....salt and pepper shakers..., salmon & caviar, etc.... Cut first class services and replaced them with business class only flights...

Then he put a lid on employee profit share almost as soon as he took over, put two non pilots as DFO and GMA (beats me, how that can be allowed at all)

A hardline strategy during pay negotiations resulted in the loss of A days on bases, 25 yr housing reneged on, etc...reduction of terms & conditions...result: loss off goodwill across all employee groups..

All this happened well before the current problems arose...Maybe some of the more openminded beancounters out there (I know, a rare species, but they still do exist) can open their eyes and finally see value of non-tangible assets, such as employee goodwill.

I don't know, but cause and effect seem to be pretty clear in this case. Looks like, that knowing the price of everything and the value of nothing is not such a great business plan after all.

Cheers

Last edited by Avius; 7th Nov 2016 at 01:55.