PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Armed Forces Pension Board
View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2016, 21:09
Melchett01

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Having just read today's Cridland Report, page 88 gives an indicator as to possible AFPS direction of travel
Just been reading the latest edition of the FPS journal, and the editorial seems to point towards changes to AFPS far sooner rather than later

So far we are still waiting for the white smoke, but I have to say that no one is denying that work is going on to develop a new scheme, nor that the government will show its hand fairly soon.
So given the other recent threads on PVR and retention rates, what's the thinking? Will it be another wholesale change for all concerned, in a clear reversal of the previous promise that AFPS 15 would be good for 25 years; or leave existing schemes as they are and introduce a scheme going forward for new joiners? And would any move to a contributory scheme be offset by an increase in pay to take into account the current salary abatement or would our salaries continue to be abated for a 'non-contributory' scheme we may no longer even get? (I know, I know ... consider it a rhetorical question!)

To be honest, I don't trust them one little bit. I can tell when they are lying because I can see their lips moving. Hope I'm proved wrong, but my money is on yet another wholesale change that will do nothing to stop the panic about T&C free fall.