PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2016, 18:36
SATCOS WHIPPING BOY

Received 55 Likes on 28 Posts
Got bored, so did some more digging and a few more niggles sprang to mind.

The Aviatrix film was made by Nylon Films and was Directed by Annette Porter and I got to wondering how the two ideas came together. Found this little snippet from a school visit by Anette Porter back in Nov 2015. She relates to hearing about the adventure with this:
"Annette’s fascination began at a dinner party when another guest told her about Tracey Curtis-Taylor, a female pilot who was going to recreate Mary Heath’s solo flight from Capetown, Africa, to London, England, in an open cockpit biplane. Ms. Porter was hooked and spent the next several years making the documentation of this ambitious, if somewhat crazy, journey a reality. "

I have underlined an important part; from the start the Director was hooked because of the SOLO aspect. (link: Documentary Film Maker Annette Porter Visits OS )

I then had a look on IMDB to see if there was any mention of a second film. It revealed just the Aviatrix and an unusual bit of text. The last sentence in the storyline section stands out as if it is a recent afterthought. I can't get any back history though. The Aviatrix (2015) - IMDb

Last edited by SATCOS WHIPPING BOY; 6th Nov 2016 at 18:42. Reason: clarity and link adding