PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BASI "Limitations of See & Avoid" ??
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2003, 22:16
Captain Custard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tim,

Arhh the old beechjet trick. Thanks for that really representative "jet" operation, upon which to base an argument. I do not know what a Karatoo and a Sapphire are, nor do I care. People are free to fly whatever they like, as long as they don't get in my way, or at least tell me that they are there, because, by the time I pick them up visually, they're dead (aswill probably be me and my pax). Perhaps you could give us a rundown on the visibility from, and the manoeuvrability of, said bugsmashers.

My post said OCA, because that was what I meant to say. I would have thought that you would have known why your GPS is consistently off track, or don't you have a manual for it, like you're supposed to if you're IFR?

I am also aware that radio is not compulsory in CTAFs: using it, if you have it, IS!!! When are you going to get the message?? That is one of the major differences between now and NAS!

Big deal about the "recommendation" to track off track: where is it is plain view for all the new chum VFRs to read?

And ref your quotes of mine increasing the midair rate: the rate is increasing: they just haven't started yet. But they will. Then what are you going to do? Say "it's all in the statistics: bound to happen, fact of life, get over it"?