PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B777 Emergency DXB
View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2016, 13:53
Monarch Man

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Microburst..et al

Not being a Boeing pilot myself, from what I read, I believe that if being a few seconds late in realising that the automation is not doing what it is supposed to do (in a very high workload manoeuvre like a balked landing in challenging wind conditions) leads to a crash, then everyone of us could have crashed in the same circumstances.
That is a crock pure and simple. An aeroplane is an aeroplane, the 777 is a big C172, a baulked landing isn't a high workload situation if you ARE flying the aeroplane, it's merely a natural manoeuvre carried out in response to the circumstances.
All this workload BS is predicated on the slavish adherence to SOPs..FMAs, automation blah blah blah. IF all that was done was pushing the power up they would have flown away fat dumb and happy, and would have had plenty of time to debate the rest later.
When are we as a group of pilots going to cut through the chaff created by training Dept sim warriors, Safety managers and non flying technocrats who will never understand or embrace that you must fly the aeroplane FIRST, everything else is merely the crap that makes and drives some to feel overloaded when the simplicity of the solution is basic flying.