PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2016, 12:53
noflynomore

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For Clarity.

Another plea for restraint please!

There were wails of "illegal VFR on top" at the lovely photo of the Spirit of Artifice flying over a sheet of cloud. We do ourselves no favours making such accusations when the ground is patently and clearly visible in the background... Even if VFR on top is illegal, which I didn't think it was (in UK) but on N reg who knows, though I doubt it. Even so, is IMC forbidden in a Stearman? I doubt that too.

Re low flying. If you're going to make accusations based on quoting the rules (mentioning no names) do try to get the definition right! It's persons, vessels, vehicles and structures, not objects.
And, bad taste as buzzing them may be, whales do not fall into any of those categories.

RAF wings. We see people who didn't earn them wearing far more emotive objects than mere wings on Remembrance Sunday with this rather weird new style of civvies parading an ancestor's medals. To me that is just bizarre and inappropriate as opposed to abhorrent.

Although I am not comfortable with her sporting them I don't think that a set of antique wings given by a supporter and worn on the collar is any better or worse than sporting Gt. Uncle Digby's gongs on the right hand side on Nov 11 is it?
If she had the gall to wear them on her left breast it would be altogether a different matter.