PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK/QR/EY ? WY?
Thread: EK/QR/EY ? WY?
View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2016, 12:20
xhamster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by motley flight crue
X, you don't need to be involved in the briefing, just listen and look at the performance. I'm sure the jumpseaters in the Melbourne incident we're thinking to themselves 'damn, why didn't I just look st the performance figures'
Agree and personally I always did, like many others. But I don't think it was (not sure about QR) to have 4 pilots cross-check the performance calculations. It's very easy to Monday morning quarterback on these things and cite words like 'airmanship' and 'laziness', but the reality is that it has happened, more than once and I'm trying to take the point of view of the backseaters - if they were not involved and were not required to be involved by the SOP, then they shouldn't be held accountable. And perhaps they weren't included on the brief by the PIC, so how many guys in this situation, who hasn't calculated the performance figures, would now challenge the crew on their take off figures as they are crossing the runway hold point? In reality, probably not a lot. Anyway, major thread drift. I would like to see this taken to another thread or get back to the original of how it's a financial waste of time for an FO with a family to come to UAE!