PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2016, 09:04
SATCOS WHIPPING BOY

Received 55 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by Fred Tesson
Perhaps she could use the film to come clean, to issue an apology, and to show how she's learned the error of her ways.

I bet that would be a good seller.
Please all see my post #2585.

Fred Tesson's "learned the error of her ways" comment is important. The error is not just the removal of the S-word, that would have been done from the start. The main error that will be getting edited is the focus on outreach. I believe that material to cut-in may just be a bit thin on the ground.

My understanding of Nylon films is that they make documentaries in a speculative way, they make the film then try to sell it to whoever will buy it.
Am I right in thinking it was first aired on the BBC? BBC are not known as the top-notch payers and they would not have paid top-dollar for it I am sure. Nylon can afford to take these risks.

I very much doubt that the third phase will complete as I don't think the money to do so is there to fund the flight.
Africa to UK - Massive sponsorship, and a film company that could self-finance if necessary.
UK to OZ - Went ahead on the momentum of the previous trip, sponsors still dragged along but queries starting to appear.
Seattle to Winslow - Not much film available, there can't be any worthwhile outreach in the USA.

If it has not happened already, it certainly will, BOEING and ARETEMIS should be asking some rather embarrassing questions of TCT and team. They certainly have grounds to ask for their money back. The Africa to UK trip as mentioned above was funded based on a fundamental lie.