PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK/QR/EY ? WY?
Thread: EK/QR/EY ? WY?
View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2016, 07:51
xhamster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Left Coaster
Luvly Jubbly...it's simple, you sit in my flight deck? You are part of my crew... and I expect and welcome your input. No one is perfect and if you see, or even think you see anything that I or we missed I expect you to speak up! Loud and clear! To infer that by sitting in the flight deck as part of a ULR crew and only "sit and watch" and then let that size of an error happen without speaking up and then say he is innocent is naive and down right foolish! I would encourage you to rethink your statement.
If your not involved in the performance calculation you should not be expected to challenge a crew using an intersection to takeoff. The aircraft is certified to be flown by two pilots, not four.

And you cannot expect them to challenge an intersection lineup based on their 'eavesdropping' on your pre-departure briefing. Tell me, when you give the pre-departure briefing on are you briefing the backseaters? Highly doubt it - unless you like talking with the back of your head.

And how many backseaters have the confidence to challenge what should be menial tasks like accepting an intersection take off? especially towards Captains who refer to the flight deck and the crew as 'his'.