PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rotax 912S fuel pressure
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2016, 18:19
Jan Olieslagers

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
@PW: thanks, there's really no end to learning. As for that movie, such flying would be doubly illegal for me: spinning an ultralight is forbidden anyway, and, a bit more subtle, there is a general rule to disallow any action that might disturb or distract the pilot. Even watching this video disturbs me, almost physically, I'll never even think of flying this!

@mike & @ forfoxake: those 2-3 litres per hour that go through your vapour bleed line, where do they go in my plane that has none such? I am slightly bewildered there.

@forfoxake: what fuel pressure gauge are you going to fit? I looked around but found prices rather hefty.

@mike: no need for surprise, we do not have any kind of inspection authority, neither are ultralights periodically verified (in Germany they call it JahresNeuPrüfung, JNP for short, and some have told me it is a bit of a farce, not much more than a pre-take-off walk-around). Neither is there a vast amount of technological know-how in our national federation, or I should have missed it. OTOH there are a lot of knowledgeable people around, I do will ask them.

PS apologies to threadstarter for hijacking the thread!