PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RNAV Arrivals to LHR
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2003, 20:02
MacDoris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KFW

If i could i would launch all the arrivials i can to 10mile final and 3000 ' (other traffic permitting of course). Indeed it makes life straight forward in the early hours so if you dont want to do the prnav then great tell me, as far as speed i generally let you fly the plane your better at it than me or so i believe so if i do need to restrict your speed i tend to ask the pilot to tell me when he (or she ) begins to reduce or even better use another form of seperation so speed control is not needed. We cannot descend to 3000' anymore due noise so you have to make more noise just higher up. The 26 and 28 are good candidates for the procedure but i would prefer to be on the ground sooner so thats why we offer you the choice. The thing with the Prnav arrival is we are not supposed to have you on headings, not really to restrict your speed and if possible not have stop off levels so it can be really quiet with only 1 or 2 arrivals but due to their position prnav may not be an option. Clear as mud or am i now just rambling? Its the heat you know.