PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BELFAST AIRPORT INTERNATIONAL
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2016, 11:33
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NYC & BFS-BHX

New York

I think the CAA stats demonstrate that there is at least a summer market and although unprofitable for United the obvious answer as per Una Due Tfc mentioned earlier you would think is Norwegian on the 738 MAX. They won't be in service until late summer unless the aircraft arrive early (there was talk) but still better than nothing,

They boast a low cost base, the pax numbers are there in summer and the only issues would be if a one aircraft base is viable and what to do in winter but a reduced service mixed with Canaries might be an option etc.

BFS-BHX easyjet - Same as on the BHX thread rumours of renegotiation and if true no doubt some will see it as good business practices by easyjet but I would not be one of them. I don't think the rumours have come from the BHX end,as all is quiet. They almost made a complete week of sell-outs on BFS-BHX sector - Thursday - Wednesday this week just gone. Just to add fares have lowered for the coming week compared to last week but still reasonable at times although the usual BHX-BFS cheap morning fares in mid week.

Pete

Last edited by OltonPete; 5th Nov 2016 at 14:45. Reason: added info