PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bristol - Shipshape and easy Fashion
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2003, 19:02
MerchantVenturer

Brunel to Concorde

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'PlaneHappy,

I mentioned BRS-GVA as a possible route - it would suit me personally very well.

I would also like BRS-LPL, having just spent well over three hours struggling back from North Cheshire by road, a trip I make regularly to see family.

WWW,

I take your point about routes having to be well utilised year-round (incidentally is BRS-BFS at three rotations each weekday well-used?), but as a regional punter what slightly concerns me is that if easy did fly BRS-AMS, BRS-CDG this might in very quick time remove the likes of KLM and Air France from the routes. Now these airlines offer connections worldwide and I have used KLM many times over the years to fly inter-continental. Much better than flogging up the M4 or even on God's Wonderful Railway to get a flight from LHR.

Much as I love the remarkable transformation that easy has brought to BRS's scheduled routes, I still like the inter-continental option as well. Perhaps I am being unrealistic or greedy to want both. Or perhaps, as you say, easy's prices would engender more traffic on the routes and the current airlines could live in harmony with easy.

Last edited by MerchantVenturer; 11th Aug 2003 at 03:41.