PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Which modular school to choose ?
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2016, 22:24
KayPam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which modular school to choose ?

Hello
I am currently a PPL, with 72 PIC hours and only 28 hours remaining before the CPL requirements. I also have a night rating and a class 1 medical (since this morning ). I currently live in Toulouse.

I should be starting my ATPL distance learning very soon.
I chose the cheapest distance ATPL near my home : ESMA, montpellier
Would anyone like to challenge this choice ?

I was also hesitating about the next step : the flight training school.
Two years ago, I told my father that I did not want him to pay for an expensive masters degree abroad, and went for a free masters degree in France, so he might very well pay or help pay for my training, and I may be able to not borrow any money, which I realise is very lucky.

Since I have almost the requirements for the CPL, want a distance ATPL theory learning, and since I want to be trained faster, I decided not to join an integrated ATPL. If anyone would like to protest this decision, this is the opportunity.

I looked at several schools and have noticed some categories, mainly based on price (always in € below)
- Cheap eastern european schools (prices between 10k-20k for CPL IR ME MCC)
- French schools (all around 30k) (their advantage would be a lower cost of living on site, since I have family near two-three interesting french FTOs)
- English cheap schools (around 28k) (Their advantage would be improving my oral english)
- English expensive schools (CTC, OAA, FTE Jerez, about between 50 and 60k)
- Scandinavian schools (30-35k)

What advice could you give about choosing my future FTO ?
Does the choice of the FTO really change the chance of finding a job ?

If my father is to pay for a significant part of my training, I would rather him see a result rather than a saving.
To put it differently, I think he would not care to pay a bit more if that maximized the chance of me getting a job.

Given all this, what FTO would you recommend I choose ?

Some people have recommended me DFAS in Sweden, some have recommended the 3 most expensive english schools, some others told that the latter 3 were a ripoff... I don't know what to think anymore.

I really have no other criteria than maximizing my chance of getting an airline job.

Thanks

(P.S. : my plan is to apply for the MPL programme and take the ENAC selective examination just before sitting the ATPL theory exams, just on the offchance I would be successful)