PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Alpha Aviation Academy
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2016, 16:38
fififi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Officer Kite
Don't fall for marketing. EVERY airline scheme out there has one aim, that is to hire future captains. This automatically means more than 1500 hrs on type.

You may say you are not guaranteed it with other airlines. Well you aren't guaranteed 1500 hrs with Alpha. If you fail your exams or don't meet the Air Arabia standard, you will not be getting 1500 hours on type. This is absolutely no different to any other programme, but Alpha are trying to make it sound special with how they are marketing it.

There is a reason after having spent crazy amounts of cash on the training, that they actually want to get a 110,000 AED deposit off you ... this is in case you do not meet their standard and have to leave.

Now think about that, you have paid £140,000 on your training, and then when you get to line training, you have to pay an extra AED 110,000 deposit in case you fail the final part, Air Arabia call this their "security bond", but security against what ? you have paid for all of the training yourself, they have spent nothing on your training, but they want you to give them 110,000 AED in case you fail the final part. On what planet does this make sense ?

I think I sound angry haha, I'm really not, just trying to warn my fellow wannabe pilots about this scheme, there are far far better alternatives !!
Are there any alternatives ?? Really ?? Excluding Qatar and cadet/ national programs - can You name some alternatives that gets You straight to the right seat ? Anyone?