PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Perth (EGPT) Thanks
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2016, 15:18
nkt2000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
During my training, at a well known NE Scotland airport, my instructor told me not to worry about declaring an emergency if I thought I was in trouble. He reckoned that the guys in the fire station at said well known airport would be fighting to get on the fire truck if an emergency was declared. I have never needed it but it is a good piece of advice IMHO.

Back on topic and my view of the guys at Perth is that they are just as enthusiastic about helping out but, in their case, it is because they are all enthusiasts. My experience of Perth is nothing but good. I was in the tower with Pete and my instructor one day whilst a fellow student was doing solo circuits. He got into a bit of difficulty on a go around which resulted in the crash alarm being activated from the tower. The response from the emergency team would have done justice to a full time fire service at Heathrow in terms for speed of response. Perth is a great destination, three runways (two tarmac and one grass), fuel, Scottish Aero Club, a cafe and a laid back but professional attitude.

PS. My fellow student recovered from his difficulty and may a perfect landing the next time. Phew! Crash team stand down.