PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2016, 14:50
SATCOS WHIPPING BOY

Received 55 Likes on 28 Posts
Outreach or outrage?
Following on from the Africa trip and the Aviatrix film I expect that there is a similar story for the Oz trip, perhaps entitled Episode 2 - The Farce Awakens.

I guess this will be at an editing stage but will be getting seriously re-cut to remove the "Me", "I" "Mine" sections to be replaced with "outreach", "women", and "impoverished children" footage. Do I think there has been any outreach? No, not really. Flying Greek and Saudi Royalty hardly qualifies for that. Will there be footage of adoring children in Pakistan listening intently to a woman spouting about glass ceilings and how they can achieve what they want. Yeh right, if you have gullible rich backers and a knowledge that there is a hotel room waiting for you, paid for by the said backers, whilst they go back to their shanty homes.

If there was any outreach to be done then this idea of flying this "bird" around the world should have been kicked into touch on the first leg from Capetown. BOEING and ARTEMIS could have used sponsorship money to fund maybe 10, 100, or 1000 flying scholarships globally. I don't know how much a scholarship costs and I don't have the exact sponsorship figures.

BOEING / ARTEMIS
So instead of having this one shameless character demeaning the badge she wears (RAF brevet) alongside the advertising of BOEING and ARTEMIS, you could instead have had 10, 100,or maybe 1000 female pilots wearing the BOEING/ARTEMIS patches alongside a real brevet that they have proudly earned.

If I was an investor with Artemis I would be asking how did they get this so wrong, and with my money. I would also be asking for the money back. Boeing and Artemis should do just that and THEN create the scholarships I have suggested. That is what outreach should be about - not financing the future of an after-dinner speaker.

Last edited by SATCOS WHIPPING BOY; 4th Nov 2016 at 14:51. Reason: clarity