PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dad never said much about the war when he came back.
Old 4th Nov 2016, 12:59
rlh19190

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just acted you to let you know that he is still alive and has some incredible stories to tell. he is an incredible man!
Originally Posted by Fareastdriver
There was a well known RAF helicopter pilot in the 1970, Alex Tarwid. His father was a Count and was in charge of the Polish railway system when Germany invaded Poland. Alex was high borne and was an officer in the Polish cavalry. They didn't do very well against the Panzers and eventually after being routed he trekked through Russia and Persia and joined the Royal Air Force.

He married a charming British girl and stayed with the RAF after the war; which was probably just as well. He never talked about the invasion of Poland; possibly through shame or other reasons. He was good at explaining the sign language for operating undercarriages, flaps etc. but never described what happened during that period.

I don't know whether he is still alive, I hope he is, but what a story he could tell.