PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2016, 11:41
mary meagher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TCT has been supported silently by her co-pilot from the start. Doesn't say much for him or for her flying, that she fails to ensure her taxi path is clear before getting in the plane and crunching a helicopter. And only the sturdy build and slow speed of the biplane saved them BOTH in the desert crunch....
Furthermore, she boasts about dangerous low flying. Over palaces, whales, wild animals. Hardly the right message for ANY budding pilots.

I've stepped down now from solo flying. After 1,800 hours in gliders, and 1,200 in power, mostly towing up gliders or flying to visit grandkids in the US.
And a lot of flying gliders in competition, in single seat gliders. As an instructor, I flew with a lot of beginners; men are usually overconfident. Women are usually underconfident, and don't have a lot of money. But they make better pilots in my opinion. Less likely to take chances, and more careful with the craft. No shame in turning back, or saying no if things don't look good. TCT is not really running her show, I wonder who has the veto power?