PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2016, 10:33
rugmuncher

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by wiggy
I'm not all at suprised by the statements that T C-T is good company or pleasant to be with (when it suits her) ...she'd be carp at getting support etc if she wasn't, goes with the territory etc,.

By her own admission she has made several comments about how decades ago in common with other women she wasn't allowed to do a course that would lead to the award of the brevet... so she's either snuck off and done a "wings" course in secret somewhere (being supposedly taught to fly warbirds by ex mil QFIs doesn't count but I know most people here know that) or she's being a Walt.

I'd suggest she issues a full and frank statement over why she feels entitled to wear them or she stops wearing them.
"An old friend from the Air Force also gave me his original RAF Wings that I pin to my flight suit."JETGALA MAGAZINE - Life Beyond First Class

Whatever emotional connection she feels she has with these wing, she should NOT be wearing them.

Keeping them in her pocket or Velcro them to the instrument panel, but do not wear them.

Also on the same link, this quote from her is hoghly amusing cosidering the claims by her and the problems on Wiki about her occupation of Pilot.
“I’VE NEVER BEEN A PROFESSIONAL FLYER.
I’M JUST AN ENTHUSIASTIC AVIATOR”

We'll have to wait and see if the completion of the US trip in 2017 actually goes ahead as stated on the Bird-&-A-Bloke website.