PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2016, 10:27
Piltdown Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Should one ever feel the need for an emetic, search for Kate Tojeiro and find her interview with one of the most self-centred and least modest aviators in the world. If you can suppress your gag reflex you will be rewarded at 2:29. In relation to her recently completed flight from Cape Town to Goodwood she says: "I do use modern technology in this. I have a Garmin 430. So I'm using modern navigaton in it, and that made my life a lot easier. So in that respect, I had it a lot easier than Mary Heath. But that's my only concession." Still hanging onto your breakfast? Listen on. At 13:40, Kate asks the question "What is it about flying on your own?". You now hold your breath, waiting for the correction... "Do you know, the sheer euphoria..." There is no correction, just more of the same old "me" and "I".

Now if you didn't know any better, you would assume this brilliant aviatrix had just done battle with every bit of weather, bad luck, controlled airspace, overly bureaucratic government department and hostile terrain etc. between South Africa and the U.K. Which is where this whole thing started.

So 14 days after the first trip, a released interview and no correction.

PM